We offer door-to-door, non-emergency transportation to
any Hamilton County resident fifty years of age or older.
All of our vans are wheelchair accessible. To schedule transportation, please call the PLE Transportation Coordinator at 317-815-7000 (ext. 205). As the service is in great demand, it’s best to call at least one week ahead. We will do our best to accommodate your request. A brief individual assessment must be completed (by phone) before transportation is scheduled for the first time.
- Transportation services are limited to Hamilton County residents aged 50 and above.
- With the exception of the VA Hospital and medical facilities located close to the Hamilton County line, ALL trips must be within Hamilton County.
- Transportation services are for non-emergency trips only, such as pre-scheduled medical appointments, grocery shopping, hair appointments, and the like.
Cost of Service
- Age 60 and up: No charge, although we encourage and appreciate donations of $10/round trip.
- Age 50-59:
- Trips less than eight (8) miles one-way – $5.00 one-way and $10 round trip
- Trips more than eight (8) miles one-way – $8.00 one-way and $16 round trip
- Trips to the VA Hospital Military Veterans: $10 round trip
- Payment may be made by cash or check only. We do not accept credit or debit cards at this time
Times of Service
- Rides are available between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Please schedule your appointments after 8:30 am or before 3:00 pm.
- No transportation is available on weekends or on major holidays when PrimeLife is closed.
- All of our vans are wheelchair accessible.
- Our drivers are prohibited from lifting any rider.
- COVID-19 protocols are strictly enforced.
Scheduling a Ride:
- New clients: A brief telephone assessment must be completed at least one day before your first ride. If you are in a wheelchair, a home assessment visit will be done by our lead driver to determine how best we can meet your transportation needs.
- All clients:
- Call the PrimeLife Transportation Coordinator at 317-815-7000 (ext. 205) to schedule a ride.
- To facilitate availability at your preferred time, we recommend that you call at least one week in advance.
- We do our best to accommodate occasional requests with less than one week notice.
“Thanks for your help and consideration with all my transportation needs.”
“Thank you so much for all you do – it is much appreciated.”
“Your drivers are wonderful! Thank you.”
Drivers Not Pictured: Mimi Merchant and Lynn Croxton